The Robinson Brothers Story
How it all Started...
Mackie and Chip Robinson welcome you to Robinson Brothers Ford, one of the largest volume Ford dealers in the entire Gulf South Region.
The roots of Robinson Brothers Inc. started in 1946 when founder Maxwell Robinson, Sr. began his automotive career by opening a service station in Denham Springs. A Kaiser-Fraiser factory representative challenged Mr. Robinson to sell a vehicle he had with him and, much to the representatives surprise, it was sold the next day.
This won Mr. Robinson a franchise with Kaiser-Fraiser, which has evolved into our current franchises with Ford Motor Company. Robinson Brothers Ford and Robinson Brothers Lincoln. The business was moved from the original franchise on downtown Main Street in Denham Springs to the present location at Airline and Sherwood Forest/Siegen Lane.
Maxwell Robinson, Sr. was active in daily management of Robinson Brothers, Inc. until 1993.
In 1993, Maxwell Robinson, Jr. (Mackie) took over as General Manager and CFO.
Maxwell Robinson, III (Chip), the grandson of the founder, worked his way through the ranks of sales service and dealership management to be the Dealer Principal of both stores.